Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Race Updates!


Another beautiful day in Saskatoon.  In light of my recent 5k performances, I'm going to upgrade to the 10k at the StarPhoenix Bridge City Boogie 8 race on June 8th.  To be perfectly honest, I've reached a temporary ceiling running 5000 meters, so if I want to do significantly better, I need to train differently (and I'm not going to see those results by June 8th).  That said, I feel like I could potentially get a PR at the 10k event--this would be only my third 10k race, and I seemed to have a lot going against me in the previous two attempts at that distance (in both cases: SI Joint pain, lack of sleep; and in one case, having raced the previous day in a different city).
And this all segues perfectly into my next announcement.  I am now registered for the Lace up for Diabetes Saskatoon 2014 5k race in late August.  I fully intend to actually do specific training for this race. Including improving my anaerobic running, the muscular strength in my calves and losing some weight.  Interestingly, I've got my first marathon two weeks later.  Fun.
One last item I want to mention.  If you haven't tried oatmeal with protein, you definitely should.  I tried it for breakfast just to get a sense of what it tastes like--after all, oatmeal is a terrific way to start the day, and protein promotes a feeling of fullness.





No comments:

Post a Comment