Friday, May 9, 2014

Marathon training, week 1



5/6

For the first time in months I feel almost extraordinary after running. I did 6k on the treadmill at nine minutes per mile (sorry folks...but I track my distance using the metric system and my speed using the imperial system). I feel pretty good, my IT band didn't give me trouble; and at the end of it I had a nice good sweat going. But here's where it gets interesting. For the first time, I did a yoga session immediately after I finished running. It was a little weird honestly, but you know what? I got a pretty good stretch session in. Above all: I stretched.


5/8

Did 5k today and yesterday. Easy runs. Yesterday I did a 9:30, 8:30 and a 7:30 mile on the treadmill. Felt pretty good.

Today I ran outside--very easy run. 10:00 miles. Pretty stiff wind. Stiffness in my left piriformis muscle kept my pace slow.


5/9

Rest day. Iced coffee, cheezies and relaxation. Since Dharma doesn't have pre-k today, I made Magic Shells and magic hot dogs--truth be told, that's two days in a row of the same lunch. My next race, the Saskatoon Transplant Trot, is coming up on Sunday. It's a 5k race, though I won't really be racing per se. Afterwards I intend to do another 5k. As for Saturday, I'm going to cross train.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment