Sunday, May 11, 2014

A beautiful day in Saskatchewan for a win

2014 Saskatoon Transplant Trot
Victoria Park, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Distance: 5K
Time: 24:33
Rank: 1/100
Post race meal: Green apple Gatorade, Arby's Roast Beef!, Tim Horton's Iced Coffee and Cinnamon Bun

Comments: Well, it's nice to win one.  Course was the opposite of flat, but that was okay, since the lack of flatness worked to my favor, and against *everyone* else.  The result, I got the gold.
Otherwise, Jasmine and I had quite a lot of fun on what was a pretty exciting day.   I ought to note that I did break the cardinal rule of racing, and tried two new things on race morning.  For one, I drank Gatorade (as opposed to Crystal Light), and this seemed to help a bit.  And I also used Kinesiology tape for the first time and taped the side of my knee.  I gotta tell you, it sure felt great not to be bothered by my knee... especially on a course like this one.







No comments:

Post a Comment