Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The Bulletproof Challenge: Day One

Just for fun... for the next two weeks I'm consuming a "bulletproof" diet to see what effect the diet will have my health and blood sugar (remember, I'm a type-2 diabetic).  This may seem a bit dangerous, in the abstract at least, but I already have a pretty idea how this is going to go.

I'm not going to post everyday with my diet, but I will report any interesting findings. Right now, my weight is 191.2, muscle mass is 38.7% and my body fat is 20.9%. Feels weird making all this public.

Day One
For breakfast I had Bulletproof Coffee along with two scrambled eggs (organic). I sprinkled some crushed red pepper onto the eggs.
Result: 535 calories. Blood sugar one hour after: 6.3 mmol.  Ordinarily I'd take a Metformin after breakfast. Probably a good thing I didn't do that after this breakfast.

Lunch. 210g of grass-fed extra-lean ground beef, 1 tsp MCT oil, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 130g of Hanes Hummus (* Hummus is considered a "suspect" food on the Bulletproof diet, but I'm easing onto the diet, so....). 15g of dark chocolate.
Result: 692 calories. Blood sugar one hour after: 7.3 mmol.

Early Dinner. Bulletproof coffee with a single square of dark chocolate.  What can I say, I had very little appetite. And at a grand total of 1700 calories for the day, I wasn't under-doing it.

Just checked my blood sugar... 6.3 mmol.  So my blood sugar was pretty consistent throughout the day. Can't argue with that.

So let me add that I'm supplementing my diet with a multivitamin I picked-up at Dad's Organic Market, an Omega-3 supplement (Life brand, from Shoppers Drug Mart) and a Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM supplement (already seeing results, so maybe I'm one of the lucky ones this supplement works on).

No comments:

Post a Comment