Monday, October 3, 2016

Official Upgraded Bulletproof Coffee Preview





























So I was at Dad's Organic Market when I came upon actual Bulletproof products. I tend to be a bit skeptical of ... everything... but since I've had my own variations of Bulletproof Coffee I figured I'd take a flyer on a few of the official Bulletproof-labelled products. In those case, I think I took a $60 or $70 flyer, but who's counting?
I used half of the recommended coffee beans since it was already past 3pm when I started grinding the beans. At any rate, these beans are billed as "upgraded coffee", while the Brain Octane is essentially MCT oil. The ghee is a clarified butter.
So the recipe worked as advertised, though the real test will be tomorrow morning when I make coffee and oatmeal.





























Pictured here is "Andy's Hill". I'm not sure who Andy is, how this came to be his hill or at what point the hill was named.  I just know that I want to ascend the damned thing during this evening's run.






























My partner and I took our son for a stroll on the trail. One day he'll be running these trails.





























This was our entry to a path down to the trail. Quite a lot of fun.  Probably a damned good thing I got a pair of trail walking shoes from Brainsport last month!




No comments:

Post a Comment