Wednesday, January 27, 2016

First Class Comfort, a review of Hoka One One Bondi 4

Hoka One One Bondi 4


This is Hoka's road shoe, though one imagines that it can probably handle the trail's as good as any non-trail running shoe can.  The most surprising feature of any Hoka shoe for first-timers is the amount of cushioning the shoe has considering it's designed for "man-made surfaces".  As someone who particularly concerned about lessening the amount of impact my legs take during marathon season, I am naturally drawn to this sort of shoe.  Now the drawback you get from going with is that you're probably sacrificing some speed (note: Meb wasn't wearing trail shoes when he won Boston).  How much speed is a different matter.  For me I think the difference is negligible over the course of anything more than a 5k race, but that's what I think.  I found the "fit" (admittedly highly subjective) to be just right.
So the buzz work for a shoe like this is comfort.  I'd say it's first class comfort considering how much impact the cushioning absorbs... and yes, considering the price-tag as well.  At nearly $200 CAD the Hoka shoe is an investment--one that I happen to think is well worth it if you can afford it.  As for me, I plan to make that investment as often as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment