Sunday, June 1, 2014

Long Run Saturday and the war on Cheezies

Few things in your running life are as satisfying as a nice long run on a beautiful late Spring day.  On Saturday I ran with the Saskatoon Road Runners over at Brainsport.  We did 10k along Spadina Crescent, and the temp never got above 25c.
This was only my second 10k run since my ill-fated half marathon in April.  The it band issues were a non factor, and the SI joint pains were similarly a non issue. This is good news as I've got a 10k race in 7 days, and another half marathon in 14 days.
But yes, since my running totals have slid my weight has gone up about 10lbs.  Yes, some of this is new muscle weight  from squats and lunges, and some of it is new weight from my muscles adapting to my hips being realigned, and indeed some of it may be from inflammation.  But lets not kid ourselves... some of this weight is from eating Cheezies.  Cheezies are Canada's answer to Cheetohs.  Cheezies contain trans fat and are in no way healthy.  So why am I eating these things?   Because they are highly addictive.  So yes, I have suspended all cheezie-eating activities.
My other recent food addiction has been the pineapple freeze smoothie from Booster Juice.  Luckily this is a healthy obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment