Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Adventures in Cross Training: Les Mills Body Pump, Canadian Style + Biking

I'm now officially a member of the Goodlife Fitness gym.  My membership is good Canada-wide, and lasts 6 months.  Hurray for the free gym membership (thank you to the Saskatchewan Marathon folks).  

My first official act will be to attend Les Mills Body Pump class tomorrow.  The idea here is to start strengthening my leg muscles and ward off overuse injuries.  Believe it or not, I'm actually pretty ripped thanks to all the running, and my previous Body Pump sessions at 24 Hour Fitness in New York City.  Yet, running is such a difficult endurance sport that you need more than just strong leg muscles, you need *really* strong leg muscles.  So I'm thinking I'll do two sessions of Body Pump each week, and try to also fit in a day where I do fewer reps with higher weights.  Maybe even do a full body work out.

Special bonus: 35-45 minutes of biking per gym day (I do need to get there, of course).

This week I've biked about 40 kilometers on a mountain bike.

So that's the rundown for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment