Monday, October 6, 2014

Toothlessness and Training

And so, dear readers, I followed a terrible 11k run (in the rain) with a dental procedure to remove a tooth (molar, thank god).  Let's start with the run...

So after about 1km I noticed that the pressure in my right leg was pretty intense.  I knew immediately that it would be another run-walk-run ordeal, and that my metal would be tested in the cold cold rain.  Today's run was supposed to be an easy 12k run.  Instead, I stopped (at 11k) once it became clear that if I went any further I was going to do damage to my right knee.  I walked the rest of the way home (2k) in the rain.

Fast forward a few hours: the dentist is using his tools to yank out one of my molars.  A few minutes after the deed is done I notice him in his office eating a burger from Burger King.  I guess you get desensitized to all this after a while.   God even I want Burger King now, but I can't eat anything solid for 24 hours. Oh well.

On the bright side, it occurred to me that if I must run-walk-run-walk, maybe I can do sprints during the run portion?  Maybe I'll become the 20 metre world champion?

My next run is on Wednesday, and my plan is to run 16k.  I'm not saying that a hurricane will hit Saskatchewan (I mean let's face it, if that happens...), but knowing my luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment