Friday, April 11, 2014

Raison d'etre

I write this blog because I'm a 37 year old diabetic, a former open heart surgery patient (albeit, I was 2 when that happened) who is training for his first marathon.  My story is a little unique because of the struggles I've endured to even get to the point I'm at now.  Like most runners, I've battled overuse injuries, fatigue, the weather and life issues along the way. But I've made some pretty gutsy decisions at times, and pushed forward when maybe caution was a better solution.

Regardless, I write this blog to share my experiences training for my first marathon.  You will no doubt recognize some or all of what I do, and be fairly surprised at other things I do.

Feel free to write me with any questions you may have.  I can be reached at johninsask (at) yahoo.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment