Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Thai Cooking: Pineapple Fried Rice with Green/Red Curry

So since going vegan I've been faced with quite an interesting challenge in the form of what the hell do I eat now?
It hit me last week that I should buy a wok and start making my own custom vegan Thai food.  So I did.  Here's the dish:
Red Curry Pineapple Fried Rice

Ingredients: 
1-2 tbsp of oil
90g of prepared brown rice
30-45ml of red curry paste
.5 yellow onion (medium)
95g of chopped green pepper
2 pineapple rings
2-3 cloves of chopped garlic

In a wok, heat up your oil and add garlic first. Then, once you've sautéed the garlic add the pineapple, onion and green pepper.  After you've achieved the desired consistency, add the rice (which you've already prepared) and curry paste.  Cook until al oils and liquids have been absorbed.

It might be interesting to add some turmeric to this.  The anti-inflammatory effect of turmeric and garlic cannot be understated, though the thermic effect of cooking probably mitigates the exponent somewhat. Still, you can eat uncooked chopped garlic with guacamole dip and preserve the anti-inflammatory effects. 

Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment