Saturday, December 5, 2015

December update

Today I ran 6 kilometres.  I must admit that as I get going on my training I've found it hard to get out the door in the morning.  But today was pretty nice--not to mention a bit mild (-4C).
The race in targeting for my first test is the Hypothermic Half Marathon in February.  If I can run a steady pace and finish in under 2:10 then I'll consider that as a moral victory.  Truth be told, my pre-marathon goal is to run another sub-2 hour half.  I've got three opportunities, starting with the Hypothermic Half.  
Since Saskatchewan is having a very mild winter, there should not be any weather-related reasons for missing any runs.  Come to think of it, I'm not really even concerned about the temperature.  It's the icy conditions that pop up from time to time that worry me.  Still, I've got a pretty good pair of running spikes, so I've got this.
This is where things really get underway.  Right now I weigh 189 lbs.  I'm setting a target marathon weight of 168 lbs, which may or may not be attainable.  Let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment