Sunday, April 10, 2016

Switching from the Marathon to the 5K...

A funny thing happened when I was running along the seawall in Vancouver... I started to feel an old and familiar pain in my upper hamstring.  To make a long story short, I noticed the very same malady that had struck me in 2014.  Now rather than living in denial and getting injured, I've decided to not to do any more long runs (e.g. 15k+) until I've got some treatment and recovered.  The one exception to this is the upcoming Saskatoon Police Half Marathon on May 1.
Other than that, I have to admit that I'm really excited about trying to get under 20 minutes in the 5k, so my training will continue.
So yes, for the third year in a row, I'll be participating at an event at the Saskatchewan Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment