Friday, April 22, 2016

Leg Day at the Gym

Greetings again readers.  What are you doing to train?  

Today I'll share my leg workout.  Yes, I incorporate core work into leg day.

  • 209 bodyweight squats using the Runtastic Squats app (4 sets total)
  • 50 squats with a 10lb dumbbell in each hand (held upward much like a barbell) (3 sets total)
  • 50 lunges (3 sets total)
  • 60 side lunges (30 on each side; 3 sets)
  • 60 Erect Lateral Bends (3 sets of 20)
  • 2.5 minutes of planking
  • 2.5 minutes of side planking (both front and side planning were broken up into continuous 30-35 second sets, where after a normal plank I would switch to side planking and so forth)
  • 1 set of 10 leg presses
  • 2 sets of 10 hamstring curls
  • 3 sets of 10 box jumps (20") 
I finished off by swimming for 200 metres.  I should add that I would have done back extensions as well, but I saw the following sign on the Roman chair:


My objective today was to work on my core and leg muscles, obviously, in order to avoid common running injuries and increase my speed.  Incredibly I was also considering a 20k bike ride as well today, but I think I've done enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment