Thursday, July 28, 2016

New Goals... and the latest






















One of the things I've been aware of lately is just how much of my time I've spent obsessing over upcoming races. Now that my racing season is basically over--regrettably, I've decided to give the Queen City Marathon a miss this year--and I don't have any races in the near future, I've begun to accept that I'm now running for fun.
As my body slowly repairs itself from the absolute pounding it took over the course of the 42 kilometres at the Manitoba Marathon, I've begun to miss running with groups.  True, I'm not exactly a social fixture, nor do I talk all that much, but I never-the-less miss the companionship of my fellow runners.
So rather than chase PRs (or PBs) this summer and fall, I want to make new friends and share my own experiences with others.
That said, I can finally tell you that my spouse Jasmine has taken up the religion of running... and she's preparing for her first 5K as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment