Monday, September 29, 2014

Autumn is here... so I ran 10k.





When I started-off today it was in the high 40's (Fahrenheit).  As you can see from the photo on the left, the trees are becoming bare, and the leaves are browning on the ground.

Actually, I started off at 7:30am this morning with butter coffee (yes, I said it).  Note: that's grass-fed, unsalted butter with freshly ground coffee, mixed in a blender.  And dear god, it's actually good.

At any rate, at half past 12pm, I biked out to University of Saskatchewan, chained up my bike and ran 10k.


One of the things that happens when I'm on these runs is that I often recognize some of the runners I see.  Obviously the landscape is familiar to me; and because its repose changes with the seasons, I'm never bored on the trails.  Note: it's not really "trail running"
since the path on the trail is asphalt.

My change in cadence is continuing to bear fruit.  As well, the forefront striking (albeit rough on my calves) is reducing the impact of running.  The result?  The stress on my IT bands is nothing compared to what it used to be like.

Today's run was a piece of cake.  Below are the pictures from today.  Enjoy.

























And in the "wouldn't it be nice to throw my diet out the window" category:

No comments:

Post a Comment