Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Still meanwhile...

Wow, hard to believe, but we're coming up on a month since my last significant run (half marathon in Winnipeg).  I've decided to take the time off from running in order to 1) let myself heal and 2) do some strength training.

The healing-by-resting part is probably wise given my particular circumstances (recovering from SI joint dysfunction). But the strength training is something I haven't done at a gym in over a year. Frankly, I wouldn't be doing it now were it not for the fact that I won my current membership to Goodlife Fitness (yeah, I'll probably keep going at the end of my six month trial).

I like to load about 90lbs onto the barbell for my initial set of squats. For my second and third sets I use 180lbs.

I also do one set of lunges--last time I did not use weights.

So that's the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment